Effective Date: June 26, 2016
- Readability: use plain, straightforward, language (as opposed to technical or legal jargon) in a format that makes the policy readable.
- Online Tracking / Do Not Track: make it easy for consumers to find the section that describes our policy regarding online tracking, describe how we respond to a browser’s Do Not Track signal or to other such mechanisms, and state whether other parties are or may be collecting personally identifiable information of consumers while they are on our Website or Platform.
- Data Use and Sharing: explain our uses of personally identifiable information beyond what is necessary for fulfilling a customer transaction or for the basic functionality of an online service and provide a link, wherever possible, to the privacy policies of third parties with whom we share personally identifiable information.
- Individual Choice and Access: describe the choices a consumer has regarding the collection, use and sharing of his or her personal information.
- Accountability: tell our customers who you can contact with questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices.
- PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Personally identifiable information (“PII”), as used in United States privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Type of Information
We only collect the following PII: (i) Name, (ii) Email, (iii) Address, and (iv) Telephone Number.
- Time of Collection
Web PR may collect your PII:
- at or near the time of your registration for any Products so that your account is populated with your company name, DBA name/s, product name/s, company email addresses/es, company telephone and fax number/s, company website URL/s, company social media URL/s, account information, and any other information from which your identity may be discernable as well as the individual account holder’s name, job title, contact information, and billing information (if applicable);
- when you log-in or visit our Website or use our Products, such that we only passively collect anonymous session-specific information;
- when you request information concerning our Products or Website (e., when you send us an email or otherwise request information about our services); and
- when you register for any Products that involve collecting or tracking your PII, we may collect your PII from third-party sources and platforms (e., people search websites, online review websites, or other websites or databases).
For general assistance or to review, correct, update, change, or delete your PII in your account profile, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 24 hours.
We maintain industry-related analytical data to enhance the value of information provided to our users and for the benefit of our users’ experience with our Products and Website. This data is in no way associated with your PII.
We may retain and use your PII as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, normal business practices, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
- How Do We Use PII?
The PII that is provided to us may be used to:
- help us communicate with you (e., forms, technical support, account management, questions, feedback, promotional offers, updates, newsletters, marketing, Products, Website, etc.); and
- help us help our users get the most out of their experience with our Products and/or Website (e., register/onboard, deliver and improve our Products and/or Website, increase quality and quantity of mentions and alerts, administer promotions and other site features, process transactions (if applicable, then we use a payment gateway provider and do not store sensitive information (i.e., credit card data) on our servers), etc.).
- Do We Share PII?
We do not sell or rent your PII to third parties, without your separate written consent, and all PII is kept in the strictest confidence and is not shared with any third parties, other than in aggregate form which does not identify you, or as required to perform the services that you request or the day to day operations of the company, except as follows or as otherwise stated herein:
- We may share PII with our parent, subsidiaries, partners, or joint ventures to help manage the services we provide and enforce our policies;
- The very nature of our Products may require using your PII to locate other information about you or your business (e., to search publicly accessible websites and private information, databases, or websites);
- We may disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you); and
- Can we collect PII about our consumers from third parties?
We may collect your PII from third parties. If we do, we will not sell or share this PII to advertisers, marketers, or spammers.
- Can we collect PII about third parties from our consumers?
The registration for, or implementation of, our Products may require you to share with us information about your customers or agents, including PII. We treat such information confidentially and do not share it with any third parties, except as described above.
- Can third parties collect PII about our consumers?
No. We do not authorize the collection of PII from our consumers through advertising technologies deployed in ads that may appear on our Products or Website, without separate written consent.
- Non-Personal Information (NPI)
We are in no way limited in our use of NPI that does not involve direct association with any specific individual, or non-identifiable aggregate information about our users (i.e., the number of users of our Products or Website, the geographic location of our users, the amount of information located for any user, etc.), and we reserve the right to use and disclose such NPI to our partners, advertisers, and other third parties at our discretion.
- ONLINE TRACKING
We may use a variety of technologies (i.e., cookies, flash cookies, clear gifs, web beacons, tags, or scripts) to help us better understand how you use our Products and Website (i.e., trend analysis, administration, feature enabling, tracking of use, user demographics, remarking or retargeting, etc.).
- Terminology Explained
A “cookie”, for example, is a small file sent from a web server to your computer whenever you visit a website. If you return to the website later, your web browser sends the small file to the server to notify the website of any previous activity you engaged in on the site. Once you return to a website, the server can retrieve the cookie file from local computer to assist in expediting certain functions such as logging in and retrieving account or user data.
Another example is a software that we or our partners may employ, called clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your PII. We may use clear gifs, for example, in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
A third example is called flash cookies or local shared objects. Flash cookies are used to collect and store information, but differ from browser cookies in the amount, type, and manner in which data is stored. We may use flash cookies in order to facilitate services such as fraud prevention. We do not tie the information gathered by flash cookies to your PII.
- How Tracking Technology Is Used
We do not use tracking technologies to collect PII or link the information we store in cookies to your PII.
We may use both persistent and session cookies (session cookies expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them) to (i) help remember and process any items in a shopping cart, understand and save users’ preferences or log-in credentials for future visits, (iii) keep track of advertisements, (iv) compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future (note, we may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf); and (vi) assist with customer support.
- DO NOT TRACK (“DNT”) SIGNALS
- Terminology Explained
DNT: DNT is a concept that has been promoted by regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing Internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser to let the sites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain kinds of info about you.
DNT Signal: Currently, various browsers – including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari – offer a DNT option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header that sends a signal to websites’ visited by the browser user about the user’s DNT preference. You can usually access your browser’s DNT option in your browser’s preferences.
DNT Standard: The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has been working with industry groups, Internet browsers, technology companies, and regulators to develop a DNT technology standard. While some progress has been made on this issue, progress has been slow, and to date no standard has been adopted. Without an industry standard for DNT, users cannot know how any given company abides by a DNT signal they receive from browser headers.
- How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
With regard to DNT, we do not respond to DNT signals in browsers because we do not track individuals across the web. Therefore, users who use DNT mechanisms are treated the same as those that do not and PII is not collected when a DNT signal is received.
- HOW INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
- Our Security Measures
We implement security measures designed to protect your PII from unauthorized access when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information. We protect your PII from potential security breaches by implementing various technological security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and secure socket layer (SSL) technology. For example, if you provide sensitive information, we encrypt that information using SSL technology and the PII that is provided to us and that we collect is stored and contained behind a firewall and only accessible by those with special access rights to our systems and on a need-to-know basis. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your NPI.
We collect, store, and process PII on servers located in the United States, which are protected by industry standard safeguards; however, due to the unpredictable nature of Internet routing, your information may pass through other countries while in transit to our servers.
Our Products and Website are tested for security breaches to ensure that all PII collected is secure from unauthorized viewing. However, these measures do not guarantee that your PII will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by malicious attacks or a breach of such firewalls or other secure server software. As such, we do not guarantee or warrant that there will not be any unauthorized access to your data. By using our Products and/or Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
In the event of a data breach, our action plan for notifying our users consists of an email notice that will be provided within seven (7) business days of our discovery of any breach.
- Your Security Measures
Your account security relies on, and is protected by, your account username and password. We urge you to take steps to keep your PII safe by not disclosing your username or password and by logging out of your account after each use, as you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
With regard to your username and password: (i) we will never ask you to send this information in an email, though such information may be entered into the Products or Website, which should always have a URL beginning with “http://www.webpr.com”; (ii) if you receive a request for your log-in credentials, it is likely an unauthorized and suspicious request so do not respond, report it to us immediately and request a change of your log-in credentials by emailing us at email@example.com; (iii) if you do share your log-in credentials with a third party for any reason, the third party will have access to your account and your PII, and you are responsible for their actions; and (iv) we may have access to your log-in credentials and may use them to access your account for debugging, quality assurance, or other internal purposes.
- CHOICE AND OPT-OUT
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional email. Please note that, notwithstanding the promotional preferences you indicate by unsubscribing, we may continue to send you administrative emails.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Products or Website may contain links to other independent third-party websites or applications (“Linked Sites”). Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible or liable for and do not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites.
In the event we undergo a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your PII may be among the assets transferred. You will be notified by way of a prominent notice on the Website or Platform for 30 days after a change of ownership or control of your PII. If, as a result of the business transition, a users’ PII will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, users will be given a choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
- ADDITIONAL PRIVACY RELATED INFORMATION
We do not publish text, images, or multimedia content that portray nudity, foul language, violence or other information not suitable for children. Properties maintained by Web PR are not directed to children under the age of 13, unless otherwise expressly provided. We do not knowingly collect or maintain PII from or about anyone under 13 years of age.
- CONTACT US
By phone or fax at: (877) 43-WEBPR (9am-5pm PT)
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail at: Web PR
311 North Robertson Blvd. #682
Beverly Hills, CA 90211